bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, March 23, 2007





More Blossoms!

It is cherry blossom time....I saw many cherry trees in Atlanta...In front of my daughter's home for one place.

My granddaughter gave me this art work which she brought home from school. I love it! It is so "Zen" and was done by blowing wet paint around with a straw, a project which I remember doing in grade school. I loved it then, and I love it now! I think I even see a bee approching those blossoms!

Yesterday, as I drove to work here, I saw that our mall is surrounded by blossoming cherry trees! How did I miss those last year? Must have had something else on my mind!

(Photo from Apricot Cafe flickr photos)

13 comments:

Mary Timme said...

I remember doing the paint thing with Boy Scouts--I was the den mother! What a fun thing. Spring blossoms are the best.

Sue Seibert said...

Love your granddaughter's mixed media art work! It is simply beautiful.

Kelli said...

Ooooh...the picture is so pretty! She did a great job!Kelli

Anonymous said...

OMG! I thought that was something you'd bought in an antique store from Japan. At first I thought the blossoms were made of ribbon and embroidered onto silk. Imagine having something that gorgeous brought home from school for you! I'd frame it right away. What beauty!

Diana S said...

I'm sooo envious of all your pretty blossoms! All I have are buds and the hope of blossoms in a few weeks. The color of nature is just breathtaking.

Anonymous said...

Cherry blossom with pink tissue, a flood of memories came to minch when i saw this!
Sweet Day to you!!

Miss Robyn said...

oh I can remember doing a work of art just like your grand-daughters... thanks for the memory! I think I will do one for myself this week!
I love cherry blossoms - my cherry trees are getting ready for the autumn ball ) x0x0

gma said...

Years ago I had a cherry tree outside my bedroom window...they are gorgeous in full bloom!!!Love the zen effect of your granddaughters art....so sweet for her to give it to you.

Daisy Lupin said...

I love the piece of work your grand daughter did it really is wonderful, and you are right it is so zen and it totally sums up cherry blossom.

Annie said...

Greetings from central Arkansas, where the sun beckons me outside today, to dig in the garden. I'll be thinking of you doing the same.

Laurie said...

This is so pretty ~ a budding artist!! Hope you have a lovely week, I do remember seeing the cherry blossoms in Washington D.C. they are just so lovely!

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

What a clever little duck, that is beautiful, I may have to get some straws. It's definitely worthy of framing!
XOXO

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Cherry blossoms are the greatest!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails