bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, March 17, 2007


I can't believe I found this....I also can't believe that it "IS"...that it exists!
Indigo Pears ©2004 Elaine Hickey, West Falmouth 46x46. Includes hand dyed indigo and hand painted fabrics. Hand appliquéd, machine pieced and quilted.
I found this quilted wallhanging photo while working on my daughter's computer...trying to get to my blog!
It just goes to show that there really is nothing new under the sun...and maybe we quilters tend to think alike...I named my blog for indigo which I love..including indigo fabrics and for pears which turn up in many of my watercolors.....
Elaine Hickey obviosly love indigos too! I like the still-life arrangement...including how she has broken out of the square frame on the left with a pear "shadow"...the soft stripe used for a curtain behind the blue shapes.....this was in an on-line quilt show.... I'd like to see more of her work, and get in touch with her!
Oh!... and here are more lovely fabric pears!

5 comments:

MAHIMA said...

im just discovering your blog and i loive your images and all the pictures and recipes of food!

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Isn't that something? It's a lovely piece too!
Ah but the real, true Indigo Pears is right here! :)

I hope you are enjoying your visit!!
XOXO

gma said...

Now that's a bit of synchronicity.
So cool that you found Indigo pears and on a quilt no less...just beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

How cool is that.

Anonymous said...

Doesn't the wxorld feel small and wonderful when things like this happen!

Related Posts with Thumbnails