bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, February 06, 2007


This is the first day of my "weekend"...I have Tuesday, Wednesday and most of Thursday off from my part time job. So I'm here with my morning coffee, planning my day.

(This is a watercolor from last fall of 2 of my favorite teacups/mugs...)



I was really affected by seeing a page of collage art on Kai's blog..."Claim the life you deserve" !...it was on her post 297. It has reminded me to take action and "do", not just dream..."claim" being a very forceful and proactive verb!

Another thing I have noticed is all the February birthdays among the people whose blogs I visit! Happy birthday to Kelli, Pretty Lady and Corey!

So today, I will paint. I have not painted in a couple of months...too busy playing with blogging and collage. I will begin by lighting a candle to help me focus....(I have a link in the sidebar to "Light a Candle")

I'll post my painting for tomorrow's post.

7 comments:

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

I couldn't agree more....it's a process but how important it is to pursue!!! I look forward to your painting, you do such beautiful work. I spend way too much time thinking"I should do....", "I would like to do...", "it would be nice if I could...". It's time to claim the life I deserve and just push forward in to it.
XOXO

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Thank you for the kind birthday note! How thoughtful of you!!

Janet said...

Good for you! I saw that on Kai's blog too and thought it was great. She always comes up with thought provoking ideas.
Can't wait to see what you paint.

Annie Jeffries said...

Hi Lila. I am always assured of a peaceful moment when I come to visit here. Lovely watercolor.

Laurie said...

Oh I hope you enjoy your early weekend! I look forward to seeing what you paint.

Lila Rostenberg said...

Well...not leaving well enough alone...I should have stayed with my watercolor....I changed to Beta or whatever the new blogger is....
Now all the links in my sidebar, which took me hours to insert...are gone...oh well...i guess I'll just be getting more practice...but back to painting now!
Thank-you all for your comments. ( the link to the Light a Candle is gone now too....:( )

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Thank you Lila for your good wishes! And yes I want to go and read Kai's post now. The way you write is so peaceful. I just breathed so ddeply after reading your last three posts. And yes I love candlemas, when I am at home I have a couple candles lit, Thank you about the tip!

Related Posts with Thumbnails