bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Still Painting Pears!



Here is today's effort as is is currently...I scan the paintings, then can often "see" things I need to change after the image is up here!

This painting is called "3 O'Clock Saturday" because that is what time it was when I was working on the clock face!...I think I will brighten some of the foreground...especially the small pitcher. and add some texture detail on the table cloth...maybe a lace-type texture. I will also down-play the wicker -like arches in the background...make them into twig furniture?
This palette is very pink and purple...just a bit of yellow on the apple up front...maybe I can repeat the yellow somewhere....and I'll try to make sure that my "center of interest" (usually the place where the lightest light meets the darkest dark) is in a good place...right now, it may the dark green leaf with the torquoise accent....
More later.....

1 comment:

Janet said...

You are so talented. I wish I could paint like that. I just love the pitcher and the leaves and the whole composition. Very nice.

Related Posts with Thumbnails