bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, February 09, 2007

A Celtic Prayer.....

Thanks to Thee, O God, that I have risen today, To the rising of this life itself; May it be to Thine own glory, O God of every gift, And to the glory of my soul likewise.
O great God, aid Thou my soul With the aiding of Thine own mercy; Even as I clothe my body with wool, Cover Thou my soul with the shadow of Thy wing.
Help me to avoid every sin, And the source of every sin to forsake; And as the mist scatters on the crest of the hills, May each ill haze clear from my soul, O God.

I just love the internet! I have been waking up each morning with this song/prayer going through my mind/heart. So I type in the first line and here it is!

I hear it , in my mind sung by John Michael Talbot ...to a classical quitar.

4 comments:

Janet said...

The internet is an amazing place, isn't it? It's the first place I turn to now when I want to know something, research anything, or just find out about something. What did I do before I had a computer!!

Miss Robyn said...

I love this, Lila. I am going to print it out and put it in my journal, thankyou xoxo

Pam Aries said...

I just saw your post with the photos and story of your ancestors! THat was so cool! You look like the bottom one! wow!

gma said...

Yes!!!! A line of poetry or a song available at our fingertips. It is awesome. Prayer is the souls sincere desire.

Related Posts with Thumbnails