bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, January 30, 2007



This is today's page from my new art journal.

I am an armchair traveler....the old photo of me in an arm chair is typical of a day in my preschool years...denim (indigo) overalls worn at the knees from playing and exploring on our farm...red "cowgirl" boots which I saved up to buy! I always have loved red shoes!

My aunt kept me interested in the world while I was very young...she taught in various countries and would send me dolls from wherever she visited! (That is not one of them I am holding!)

Today, I love the picture of the soft pink floral armchair...notice the suitcases, retired from their journeys now holding photos and souvenirs , and being used as a side table! I have a side table in our house which is just like this!
My daughter is a travel agent "par excellence"...so if I ever decide to abandon the armchair, she is ready to help!

The photo of the PINK doorway with the bicycle is from Corey Amaro's blog...scroll down to her post about Marrakesh!

And you may visit a blog about living in Marrakesh! Happy travels!

I have also just finished some more ATC's.




11 comments:

gma said...

What a cute little girl in red cowboy boots :-)!The side table made out of old suitcases is really neat. I love that look.
Arm chair travel does keep the wanderlust satisfied for now.

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Red cowboy boots? How perfectly wonderful. I like all the imagery you used, especially that comfy looking arm chair. You know some times the best travels are the ones in our dreams. I HAVE to get to England though...and then the list is long of places I'd love to see....those may have to be from an armchair.
XO

Pam Aries said...

What great pics! I love you and your red cowgirl boots! Got any now???? I love Corey's blog and all the incredible pics...have you ever visited www.Parisparfait?...So your daughter is a travel aagent , eh....When I get ready to go to Paris..I will let you know!!

Lila Rostenberg said...

I think I've been to parisparfait but I will go again now!

Janet said...

You are a little cutie in your overalls and cowboy boots. I like the collage and especially the armchair with the suitcase table. Very comfy looking.

Lila Rostenberg said...

Yes, thanks to Janet's help, I am now able to put links in the text of my posts! some of us are not as up on all the computer techniques!
My next goal is to add links on the sidebar...I have printed out the help pages from Blogger but so far, I haven't gotten very far!

Miss Robyn said...

I do love your travel collage! I travel in my armchair all the time. to places that don't exist on earth :)

Laurie said...

I do love to travel, but home is the best. The pink floral armchair looks so comfy, the kind you could just sink into with a good book.
Love the photo of you ~ I bet the red boots were adorable.

Sue Seibert said...

We are getting out of the arm chair! We have booked on a classical music radio tour to Alaska in August. We are terribly excited. We do travel all over the US by car, but this will be our first cruise.

BTW, my boots were red, also.

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Well hello there, dear armchair traveller. But what about actually taking a trip to Marrakesh?

Lila Rostenberg said...

Oh, that is tempting....I love Middle Eastern food too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails