bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, January 28, 2007



The Simple Abundance reading for January 28th explains making an illustrated discovery journal.

This is the cover for my newest, just getting started (having filled up the last one)....it is an angel from an old Guideposts calendar which my mother gave me last week.

I am usually in the mood for lots of pink and some red this time of year....maybe because Valentine's day is near?

So I know my first pages will be mostly pink, floral and romantic....the journal may remain "pink" for quite some time!

5 comments:

Janet said...

That is such a pretty image. I think we all get into the "pink or red" mood about this time of year! I don't know what journal I'm going to use yet....what kind of paper does yours have inside? Is it just regular paper or do you use one with watercolor paper or something like that?

Lila Rostenberg said...

It is an acid free spiral bound scrapbook about 8X10...I get them at Hobby Lobby...the papaer is fairly heavy and white.
then I use a UHU glue stick...but any acid free kind will do. (After all the things I paste are not that sacred...or acid free...clippings and such.)

gma said...

Pink is such a pretty color....Your Journal cover is really nice....I'm re-reading Simple Abundance again this year too! Love it!!!

Laurie said...

Love the angel ~ I am always in the mood for pink ~ but I think you are right this time of year with Valentine's Day around the corner you just see more pink and red wherever you go ~

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

I love the colors Lila, they're soothing and girly at the same time. Yes this is the time of year they really come forth too. I had Simple Abundance and cannot find it anywhere, I hope it isn't too late even though a month has gone by to start in.
You all are inspiring me.
XOXO

Related Posts with Thumbnails