bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, December 08, 2006

Worth doing again! Publishing from the past....


Our Family Tradition......

Tasha Tudor Christmas Sugar Cookies

1 pound of (real) butter
2 eggs
5 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
a pinch of salt
1 T. vanilla
1 t. baking soda dissolved in 3 T. milk

Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix until a smooth dough is formed. Form into a ball, dust with flour and chill thoroughly before using.

Then break into conveniently sized pieces, adding a bit more flour as needed. Roll out to a scant 1/4 " thickness...or as thin as possible. Dust with granulated sugar and nutmeg and cut into shapes. Bake until light brown in a 350 degree oven (about 12 minutes). This recipe makes 5 or 6 dozen cookies. Cookies may be made in advance and stored in an airtight container.

6 comments:

Janet said...

I love Tasha Tudor, her books, her artwork, and the way she lives her life.

Daisy Lupin said...

Sounds good. I will making my biscuits, sweets etc for Christmas in the week starting the 18th

Jeanne said...

Love your cookie recipe and thanks for visiting.
blessings to you and yours!

Diana Napier said...

Your post reminded me of Tasha Tudor, someone I had forgotten about. I think I used to read about her in Country Living or Victoria one of my favorite magazines that they no longer publish. Boohoo...

Kelli said...

Thank you so much for the recipe. I just love Tasha Tudor!
Kelli

Lila Rostenberg said...

Don't forget to visit her family website on the internet...just type in her name...

Related Posts with Thumbnails