bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, October 09, 2006

A page in my journal about the long road trip to Arizona....miles and miles of interstate highway. Photos from the car window.....


I added the colorful pastel painting of "Sagebrush Hills" (center left)by artist Mary Silverwood as a reminder that an artist can find beauty in the ordinary. (I had seen so many miles of the sagebrush hills that they seemed monotonous and mundane...of course, I was anxious to be with my son....so the long journey was a challenge!)






Another photo of me on the trip to Arizona. Looking at this photo, I am remembering the wonderful air, and the peace and quiet of Oak Creek that September morning.

The prickly pear cactus (in the foreground) were very common out there, as well as ponderosa pine trees and scrub oak. You see, I am standing on a ledge which was about twenty feet above the creek and looking up still higher at the mountains we had been driving through.

The creek runs at the bottom of a deep narrow canyon. By pulling off the road at one of the overlooks, you can see much natural beauty and listen to the wind and the water. What a shame that we usually have to rush by in our hurry to find the next busy tourist site!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

J C said...

Hey Lila. Nice of you to visit my blog. In answer to your question about the High Tea hat lady, no, it is not an ATC, it's a little bigger, about 4X6 give or take. Your site is very nice, tho a few times when you said "here is a picture of...." there was no picture. Please let me know if I am missing something here, maybe I should be clicking something. I'm DUH sometimes! Your flower watercolors are beautiful! So bright and colorful. A couple of years ago I traveled with my daughter from Las Vegas to Florida and when we hit Arkansas I thought it was a beautiful state (from Rte 66). It was the first place we saw real trees, after all those canyons and rocks and desert, and black widow spiders and tarantulas! I liked it there. I'll be back to visit some more and explore past posts. Have a great day. Nice to meet you! :)

Daisy Lupin said...

That looks like a wonderful magical place you have the photograph of, I just love places like that where you can feel the peace and calm and enjoy the sounds and delights of nature.

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Hello, I found you on Daisy's blog and I want to be your friend too, and you are right on your comment left to her, she has inspire us to blog and have an outlet to feel good about ourselves. Please, Be my friend. I love your pictures.

Related Posts with Thumbnails