bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Indigo and pears ..........

These are birthday cards from 2 of my friends who like to do collage art! I love them!

I manage to celebrate my b'day for several days,.... last night we got together, as we often do on a Wednesday night,.....I baked Rachel Ray's Thai pizza (the recipe is on the internet), one friend brought wine and Japanese beer and another made pumpkin bread.

Then we listened to Rod Stewart's new CD "Still the Same" . For "show and tell" we looked at two quilts I had picked up from being quilted....I have to bind the edges still, and at Kaffe Fassett's new book which features quilts from the Victoria and Albert Museum. We all enjoyed going through the 36 fat quarters from Kaffe's latest collection.....(so dynamic and colorful!)

While we talked, I knitted on a fingerless glove using up some leftover sock yarn. These may be a Chrismas gift....I have more socks to knit, too.

I really like the quote from the post by prettylady....from Emily Dickenson.....
"We turn not older with years, but newer everyday."

 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Happy Birthday always, it is ok to celebrate it for a long time, LOL, lucky you!!!

Daisy Lupin said...

Happy Birthday, there is nothing better than managing to stretch celebrating your birthday over a few days.

Related Posts with Thumbnails